Saturday, February 9, 2008

Tonight Is Hokkien Night

Nah, its just an excuse for me to post a lot of Hokkien dubbed videos...

Film roll!

[In increasing order of what-i-think-is-cool-ness]

That standard "Star Wars in Hokkien" done by Power98 now comes with lip-synced actual Star Wars footage!




Next up, a highly disturbing hokkien dubbed LOTR scene... (warning, one expletive at the end)


[O.O Gollum has a pair of dramatic tarsier eyes too!]

And finally, what I think is the most ingenious and professionally done dub I know of.




As usual, I'll have a bonus. Here's a funny racist (xiayi!) hokkien song by Malaysian artist, Ah Niu (I think). I used to have this song before my phone died...

For those who want it, its not a video actually, just that I feel uncomfortable hot-linking the MP3 file. Google is your friend.


[Someone provide a translation, I roughly know the meaning, but that's because I had a friend to translate on the spot for me]

liwei! was sexy at 9:27 PM!